7/5/11

Tales (and Recipes) from the Weekend

How was everyone's weekend!? Mine was great! Here are a few photos and a quick recipe...
























Friday night Mike made Mahi-Mahi with a summer salad and corn on the cob, which was amazing and refreshing and something I wish I could eat everyday!

Then, on Saturday morning I took a cue from one of my past recipes and whipped up (what I like to call) PB&J waffles...
 

























Ingredients (for 2 people):
4 Eggo homestyle frozen waffles
8-10 Strawberries (depending on size and your preference)
2 tbsp. Peanut butter
2 1/2 tbsp. Confectioners (powdered) sugar
Water

Cut strawberries into small chunks. Using a small pan, add about 1/4 cup of water, strawberry chunks, and sugar. Mix it around a bit so the sugar dissolves then let it simmer on medium heat for about 8-10 minutes (or until you see the mixture start to thicken). While that's simmering, toast your waffles. Layer 1tbsp. of peanut butter between 2 of the waffles then top with syrup. Repeat. Voila - super simple and oh-so-quick!
























I really hope you try it, it's so worth it. Ok, moving on to the other things I did this weekend besides eat. Sunday was rainy so Mike and I watched the movie Silence of the Lambs (which he'd never seen) then I did some tidying up before relaxing some more.

Yesterday was the Fourth of July and we rang in the birth of America with a BBQ at my grandparents house in Staten Island then fireworks-watching and a couple beers on my balcony. The sky was absolutely incredible as the sun was setting and the fireworks were slightly far away but still pretty great :)





























Sigh...

Do you have any tales (or recipes) from the weekend?? Would love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...